Thursday, 8 November 2012

Young Pianist of the North

There is a piano competition called Young Pianist of the North. It is held every year from 28th November to 1st December in Newcastle Upon Tyne. This year I am going to enter the competition for the first time.



Here is a link to the competitions website.

I will be competing in the main category for pianists aged between 11 and 18 years old. Last year I think the first prize was shared by Leonardo Colafelice from Italy and Jung Eun Kim from Korea. I couldn't find anything about Jung Eun Kim but this is a link to the YouTube site belonging to Leonardo Colafelice. I watched some of the videos and I hope that one day I can be as good as he is.

This is Leonardo Colafelice performing Rachmaninov Piano Concerto No.3 Op.30.


2 comments:

  1. Good luck in the competition - enjoy the experience and let everyone share your love of the piano. Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Lisa. I hope I can do well. I will let you know how it goes.

      Delete