Saturday, 2 February 2013

Lagny Sur Marne

There is a piano competition just outside of Paris in a town called Lagny Sur Marne. This year I entered it for the first time. I was in 'Category A' which is 12 to 15 years old. I performed Beethoven's 'Waldstein', Ravel's 'Alborada', Balakirev's 'The Lark' and 'La Campanella' by Liszt. I felt very nervous as I was performing after 3pm in the afternoon, so I had to wait all day until it was my turn. But I was lucky because the judges liked the way I played and I won first prize. Yayyy!





































This is me with my magic plank (it helps me to reach the pedals), outside the Hotel De Ville in Lagny Sur Marne.

 
















Inside the Hotel De Ville. It is a very nice building, it used to be a monastery in the middle ages.


This is me with the flowers and gifts that I was given by the judges. I was very surprised that I won, but very happy also.


1 comment: